Thursday, February 20, 2003

Yes, Virginia, there is a blog. And a Glencoe too. It’s kind of like Brigadoon……but with more livestock. And less kilts.

Sorry I was out yesterday. Colin had an apple juice hangover. They’re naaaaaaasty.

Anyhow, back to the frivolity:

Set-up: My Dad taught Auto Shop at my high school (pop 400) with blamb’s dad, who taught Geography.

Bryan’s Variety. Main Street Glencoe. Tumbleweeds roll by. A cow lows. A John Deere combine rumbles past. The Fords rust.
Mr. Lamb & my mom and dad chat. Mr. Lamb gets into his car, suddenly leans out the window and says:
Mr. Lamb: Hey, I was on your daughter’s blog the other day.
Mom: Whaa?
Dad: Huh?
Mr. Lamb: Her blog!
Mom: Her blurg? What’s that?
Mr. Lamb: Oh. (Looks embarrassed. Wonders whether this is some secret thing I haven’t told my parents about) Uh, it’s like a website.
Mom: Suze doesn’t have a website, does she?
Dad: I don’t think so…..

Mom was in town yesterday and I promised to send them the url. So: Hi Dad! Hi Mom! Welcome to the blog!

I bet not every blogger has their former geography teacher reading. Next thing you know, the whole population of Glencoe will be reading. Both of them!

Old Glencoe Joke:
“They had to close the Glencoe library.”
“Why?”
“Someone took the book out.”

Oh, and Mom says in my bio movie I’d be played by Meg Ryan, when she was only a little flaky.



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...