Monday, February 17, 2003

Big Shiny Ice Queen: The Album
As promised, my personal soundtrack:
Daysleeper by REM
Baby I’m A Star by Prince
Two Princes by Spin Doctors
Someone Saved My Life Tonight by Elton John
Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel
Oh What A Night by some 70s group
Raining Men by anybody
It’s the End of the World as We Know It by Great Big Sea
House At Pooh Corner by Loggins and Messina
Come On Eileen by (My mind’s a blank! Alcohol finally killed some brain cells!)
Lovecats by The Cure
Sulk by Billy Bragg
Hooked on a Feeling by….Dr…..Dr. Dre? Dr. Hook? Can’t remember.
Closing Time by Leonard Cohen
The Old Apartment by Barenaked Ladies
Me Ghile Mear by Sting and The Chieftains
Why Should I Cry for You By Sting
Oh, anything by Sting’s good. Well, except Love Is Stronger Than Justice Whoa, that was a stinker!
Summer Highland Falls by Billy Joel
Captain Jack by Billy Joel
Only the Good Die Young by Billy Joel
Skyline Pigeon by Elton John
If It Makes You Happy by Sheryl Crow
What a Good Boy by Barenaked Ladies
And there are probably many more.

I noticed that there aren’t any really recent songs here. It’s not that I don’t like any current songs, it’s just that they haven’t been time tested to become part of my personal soundtrack. You know, songs to pump you up before a job interview, songs to motivate you while you do dishes, songs to cheer you up when you’re down, songs to plot revenge by, songs to cry to – when necessary. How about yours?




No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...