Thursday, February 13, 2003

Ice Queen Melts, Just a Wee Bit, for V-Day
When I was a kid, we moved a lot. Every two years or so. I lived in 8 houses before I went to university. In the last house, I didn’t even have a room because I was leaving in two months. And once my parents moved without telling me, but that's another story. Along with the time they tried to leave me at a gas station in Muskoka. Anyway......

This(the moving, if you remember that far back in this blog) made it difficult to fit in at school.

Grade 7 was the height of my miserable existence. I was picked on by brutish ugly girls in Grade 8 with mustaches (well, that’s how I remember it).They’d follow me home and kick me and taunt me. I was very unhappy.

Then, Valentine’s Day came and I received a Secret Admirer card. The envelope was typed on a typewriter (yes, I’m that old) in that ribbon that used to type in black and red. It was mailed to my house. I kept that card for years and whenever I thought nobody liked me or cared, I would look at that card.

Years later, I asked my Nana, my dad and my mom if any of them had sent it to me. (thinking this would have seemed a nice thing to do for their kid) They all said no and looked quite honestly surprised. This made me feel even more wonder that someone noticed me and went to that trouble. I suspect it was a teacher I got on well with (not like that, you pervert). I am touched to this day. (No, not like that. Stop it!)

There, I’ve waxed sentimental, now move along. Nothing to see here.



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...