Monday, February 17, 2003

Small Happinesses
With so much unhappy news and the daily cares, I though I’d stop to think about the little things that make me happy (in no particular order):
When the mean old cat sits on you laps and purrs
Giving the nice bus driver a Valentine and making his day
Latte and a pumpkin scone
Colin kisses
Frank kisses
Fresh sheets (oh dear, now I'm doing word association)
Warm radiator
Train sets, especially ones that go: Whoo-Whoo!
Frank doing silly things to make Colin laugh
New nylons
Sharp pencils
Bouncin’ and behavin’ hair with no visible roots
Tantrum free morning
Spaghetti
Making all the TTC connections Just In Time
Good book (I’m losing interest in John Adams now that the revolution is over. I’m now rereading The Queen and I, about the royal family being ousted and forced to live in poverty. Very human, touching and funny too. Recommended!)
Clean kitchen
Motivational Music (i.e. your own personal soundtrack, more on this later)
Big thunderstorms with lightening and lots of rain
Trees, plants
Herbs (esp. rosemary, basil, dill)
Summer nights
Flowers (esp. gerber daisies)
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
Christopher Walken in Weapon of Choice
Pyjamas
Trashy magazines (à la Cosmo or Jane)
Soft Serve ice cream
Walking in sunshine
Warm mug of tea to warm my still cold hands around
And there’s more, but I’ve got work to do. So go pet your cat, drink some tea and sharpen your pencil. Next post, my personal feel-good soundtrack.

What's Playing in My Head: Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves, I believe



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...