Friday, February 14, 2003

Warm Fuzzies. Humbug!

Blamb loves to talk about war and diss me for thinking peace protests are useless. When I expressed this thought on his blog, many wrote back saying they are good because they foster a sense of camaraderie. Camaraderie: take that Bush!

My argument is that if we have all these people willing to work for good, we should work for something we can actually change. For example:

Every morning, Colin and I go by the corner of Wellesley and Sherbourne on the bus and watch them tearing down Wellesley Hospital (for those who haven’t been following, the Ontario government decided to close hospitals to save money. Yeah, that’s smart. Don’t get me started on that.) It was suggested that it be turned into homeless shelters or housing, but the government said the building was “unsuitable”. Gee, a bunch of rooms with beds and washrooms. I find that so very sad and wasteful. Get mad about that.



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...