Tuesday, February 11, 2003

The Ice Queen Gets Political, briefly
I don’t usually talk about politics and stuff because people rarely agree with me and think I’m just being cold and heartless. I tend to prefer to cultivate my endearingly quirky and fun persona. But for those of you who want to know where the Ice Queen stands, here you go. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Things I don’t agree with:
War in Iraq
If the US filmed the trucks being loaded, why didn’t they follow the trucks and get the goods? Duh!
Talking about the War in Iraq
I mean, us mortals. Lots of effort and hot air being wasted. We don’t want it. It’s gonna happen. Let’s move on to something we can change.
Post-War Withdrawal
Hello? Did anybody remember to tidy up in Afghanistan? “Here’s your freedom and a case of Coke. Good luck with democracy. Gotta run.”
Big Public Funerals
Like the avalanche victims’ funeral in the Saddledome. Something really bugs me about that, but I can’t put my finger on it. I feel bad about all the other people who die in obscurity. And I feel it’s should be a private thing, not a publicity thing.
The Heart Strings Money Give
Over $6,000 has been given to “baby Mira” who was abandoned in a stairwell. She’ll be adopted – more than 120 people have already offered. What’s the use of giving money? Does she have some gambling debts?
Panhandlers
I haven’t been able to give to a panhandler since I saw one in a wheelchair get up, change shifts with another and walk away. The bad ones always spoil it for everyone else.
Tuna, Salmon and Egg Salad
What’s with that?
Homophobes and Racists
I was on the subway once and someone yelled at someone else: “Why don’t you go back where you came from?” I turned around and said: “Are you from here? You don’t look aboriginal.” Sometimes I wish I was big and mean looking so I could say more stuff like that and get away with it.

There. Now let’s never speak of this again.



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...