Thursday, March 22, 2012

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency.

Marie Curie

"I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to be kind enough to give me one, please let it be practical and dark so that I can put it on afterwards to go to the laboratory. "
Marie Curie
Marie Curie was AWESOME. She got turned down to attend the University of Poland, so she went to University of Paris instead where she was the first woman to be granted a doctorate. She got a Nobel Prize in Physics (with her husband) and in Chemistry (by herself). She was also the first woman to teach at the Sorbonne.

She invented the word "radioactivity". She discovered two elements: Polonium (named after her home country) and radium.

She died of complications from years of exposure to radiation. Even today her cookbooks are too dangerous to handle and are kept in a lead lined box.

Her daughter won a Nobel Prize too!

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...