Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Suck and Blow
Just came from the dentist. They use the hose thing to suck your mouth out, then they blow water in, then they blow air in. I hate that.

Anyway, I was just thinking: who consciously decides to be a Dental Hygienist? I can understand people “falling” into other jobs like garbage man or memo writer for a Bank, but Dental Hygiene takes a lot of training. You decide to be one. You work to be one. You really have to want it.

Other than that, I have just found out that Yuk Yuk’s downtown has an amateur night on Monday’s. This is something I’ve always wanted to do. I must look into this. You have to be one of the first 15 people to phone Monday morning at 11 to get a spot. I don’t know if you go on the same night. Anyhow, what do you think? Am I ripe for public humilation?

Oh, and I wrote a lovely long post about what a poem is, but blogger ate it and I can't be bothered to rewrite it. A poem is whatever you say it is. And it don't have to Rhyme or even be gramatical. Colin wrote a poem recently. here it is:

Opposites.....Applejuice!
Applejuice.....Opposites!

The word play bodes well for a career in poetry. God help me.


No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...