Friday, March 21, 2003

What If They Threw A War and I Had Nothing To Wear?

You know I hate being serious and this darn war thing is not helping. Last night on the way home a helicopter just hovered over Fresh's office. I later found out it was because protestors were holding a dead-in at Yonge and Bloor. I remember being that idealistic...the last time they had a war in the Gulf.

Where were you when the last war broke out? I remember I was in the drug store buying birth control pills. Don't know why I remember that. I also remember they had to close the university library due to bomb threats, so we couldn't do any work for a few days.

Just when I was feeling down and losing my wry point of view, along comes The War Party Diaries. You go, girl! The style seems pleasantly familiar. Can you guess who wrote it? (HINT: Not royalty.) Go now. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

I am also happy to see the blamblog show a bit of my own world weary attitude towards the young protestors. He will probably deny this vehemently.

Bloody, bloody, bloody. I wasn't going to talk about war. Oh, well. Hard not to I guess. However, the last two nights I sat down to watch the news of the war, I fell asleep. Nothing like a Sesame Street comforter to block out all the badness. I think it has a magic soporific in it.




No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...