Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Rhythm and Soul

Today I am obsessed with the very cool fact that the human body loses 21 grams immediately upon dying leading some to believe that it represents the weight of the soul. (How do I know this? Movie coming out called 21 Grams is apparently NOT about drugs.)

Why would your soul have weight? What substance would it be made of to give it weight? That’s about 1/3 of an Oh Henry Bar. Actually, I kind of like the idea of my soul being made of chocolate, peanuts and caramel. But it’s more likely a coffee and wine stained bagel wrapped in a black stocking with a run in it.

What’s your soul made of?

What’s Playing in My Head: It’s all About Soul by Billy Joel off the River of Dreams album



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...