Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Luck of the Scottish

The first thing I ever won was a radio. I had to come up with a safety slogan, and mine was “I’d rather be a chicken than a dead duck.” I think it was about jaywalking or wearing your seatbelt. I was 6.

At the age of 7, I had to write why my dad was the greatest. I wrote: “My Dad is the greatest, because he married my mom so I could be me. To love him.” The “o” in love, was a little heart (ugh). I got my picture in the Toronto Sun hugging my dad. I don’t remember there being any other prize…the cheap bastards!

I also remember winning a bottle of scotch whiskey at the Scottish pavilion of Caravan around the same time. My family was busy yakking when they heard my voice on the microphone and looked up to see me on stage thanking someone for a bottle of scotch.

Other things I’ve own:
Cocktail party at City Grill in Eaton Centre (just food, no cocktails....cheap bastards!)
Gift Basket
Fleecy Vest
Free Manicure

Now that I think about it, I’m really a very lucky person. I think I’ll start entering more contests.

Ice Prince’s Rule of the Day®: “No drawy dinosaur on the side of the micowabe.” (after he had created a lovely brontosaurus with green marker whilst I filled the dishwasher).




No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...