Monday, July 07, 2003

I Am Not a Bimbo!
Saw Punch Drunk Love last night and was terribly disappointed. I felt the movie had a lot of potential and that Sandler did an excellent job in it, but the sub plot about the goons was weird and scary and added little to the plot. Anyone seen Mr. Deeds? I haven’t heard much about it.

Finished John Stackhouse’s Timbit Nation and was also disappointed (for foreign readers – this book is by a national newspaper reporter who hitchhiked across Canada. Non Fiction). I thought the political opinions were dull and the people he met weren’t weird enough. But it’s non-fiction, so you can only work with what you get.

Idea! Make Timbit Nation into a movie staring Rick Mercer as the hitchhiker. The characters he meets include people played by Adam Sandler, Christopher Walken, Steve Buscemi, John Tuturro, Chris Issak, Johnny Depp, James Woods, Kevin Spacey, Mary Walsh, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Don McKellar, Colin Mochrie…

Speaking of Johnny Depp – Pirates of the Caribbean! Yummy!

Chip’s Running Blog Score: 3 posts out of 5. Five days left to restore his link. Quality rating: Medium. Too much politics.

I’ve noticed that my blogs are rarely political. And I don’t generally like political blogs. Am I a bimbo? I'm really quite smart (S-M-R-T!), but for some reason, I just don't tend to give a damn. So I'm not a bimbo, I'm just jaded. The only political thing I gave a damn about recently is pesticides on lawns. Who needs 'em? Sure if you've got an infestation of cinch bugs, but not to get rid of a couple of dandelions. There. Rant over.


No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...