Monday, July 28, 2003

Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac

So everyone wants to know how my weekend went. I’m still reading my e-mail and drinking a coffee. But let’s see what I can tell you…

I found a new band I like called “Ataris” which was playing on a new radio station I like called “The Rock FM 94.9”. They were doing a Green Day-ish version of Don Henley’s Boys of Summer. I fell in love.

It’s physically impossible for me to sleep past 7:30 am.

I got to drive a red Grand Am and I liked it. A lot.

Tourists are generally ugly.

From the look of merchandise offered, tourists also have no taste.

Don’t take anyone depressed to see Chekov.

I still have it. (I got whistled at.)

It’s all about confidence (I got whistled at after my spa treatment when I felt like a million bucks)

I can survive 48 hours without my son. That’s about the limit.

I want a bed like the one they did my floating facial in. They drop you down in a hammock into a vat of warm water. You don’t get wet and it feels like heaven.

Massages can hurt.

Frank makes the best Belgian waffles I’ve ever tasted. (Frank the waffle iron guy at the Pillar and Post)

Just because it looks like an apple turnover doesn’t mean it is – the apple turned out to be roasted garlic. Yum!

Sometimes it’s nice to be all alone in a strange town with a glass of wine and some tapas.

Sitting by the pool in a bathrobe and slippers is not a bad way to pass an hour.

Best play lines:
“I must go. My wife’s poisoned herself again.”
“More wine! More wine!”

More as the caffeine hits my blood stream and the wine leaves it.

I saw several people I thought might be Chip...


No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...