Wednesday, January 15, 2003

You're My Best Friend

So, Frank and I are sitting there at 9:45 waiting for CBC’s The National to come on (Well, that’s what Frank was waiting for. I was about to fall asleep) and we started watching something called Mockstars, a show about impersonators. They showed a Rod Stewart, a Tom Jones, a Kiss tribute band and a Shania Twain. It was lame, but in a really fun way. Better than writing memos about expense claims.
So, Question of the Day®: If YOU could be an impersonator, who would you impersonate?
Okay, let’s make it a two part question:
1. Who COULD you impersonate?
2. Who would you WANT to impersonate, despite your looks, talents, gender, etc?

My answers:
1. Velma from Scooby Doo. Sigh. ‘Nuff said.
2. Freddie Mercury from Queen. High notes, camp, melodrama, comedy, costumes. Yeah.

In honour of Freddie, the Song of the Day shall be Somebody to Love and the Speedy Muffler Marketing Director shall be taken out and duly spanked with the box set of Queen’s Greatest Hits.



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...