Friday, January 17, 2003

Story Time

Here's a little Friday afternoon story for you.

I was 11 years old. My grandparents had come to visit. It was rather awkward and I never knew quite what to say. My mom says: "Tell Grandma and Grandpa about the story you wrote." This was a great idea and I was very excited.

"Well, " I said, "In Social Studies class we were given a map of Newfoundland and we were told to choose one of the towns that had a funny name and make up a story about how it got that name. So I picked Jerry's Nose."

There was a moment of silence and then my father started laughing. It took me a minute to clue in, but then I was very embarassed.

That's all. At least I didn't choose Dildo.



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...