Thursday, January 09, 2003

Today's Hair Colour: Auburn
Today's Fashion Statement: Black jacket, black skirt, black nylons. You were expecting different?
What's Playing in my Head: When the Saints Go Marching In as sung by Homer Simpson

So Frank (blogger readers, meet Frank, my husband.) bought me an Indigo gift certificate for my birthday (December 31). Any book suggestions? I like:
Douglas Adams
The first Bridget Jones
Sue Townsend
Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson
Sandra Gulland's Josephine Books
Cook Books

And I hate quick, stupid (i.e. deus ex machina) endings. The last book I read was The Secret Book of Grazia dei Rossi. It was great. I stayed up until 1 am because I was near the end. Then, with 3 pages left and no apparent denouement in sight, (spoiler coming) pirates attack the ship and kill the heroine. The end. Say what?

So e-mail your book suggestions to screamforicequeen@hotmail.com. I have no comments section on here yet 'cause haloscan is down for the month.

In other news, RIP Billy Van, who kept me entertained as a child on Hilarious House of Frightenstein with the Oracle, Pet Vet, the Count, the Wolfman and my favourite: Grizelda. "Eat your heart out!"


No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...