Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Cheese and Other Dairy Products

So, Indigo did not have Good Omens. I did find American Gods. I read some of it and found the author to be trying too hard to create characters who are clever. (I sympathize. A former creative writing prof - Beth Harvor - accused me of the same once. And she was right.) So I didn't buy it.

I did, however make a discovery. If I were a single woman, I'd hang out in the Fantasy/Sci Fi section of the store. A plethora of men. Some even looked like they don't live in their parent's basements.

Plus I found a recipe for dinner tonight. Although I'm replacing the frozen peas and carrots with eggplant and zucchini, replacing the Pilsbury biscuits with dumplings and adding potatoes and rosemary. Actually, the only ingredient from the original recipe that remains will be chicken. The cookbook featured lots of Pilsbury dough, Lipton Soup Mix and Campbell's Mushroom soup.

Remember the chip dip your parents used to make with sour cream and Lipton Onion Soup mix?
Remember Cheese Logs?
Remember Imperial Cheese?
Remember Laughing Cow cheese in individually wrapped triangles?
Remember Aerosol Cheese?
Remember Squeeze Cheese? It had a valve like a tire where the cheese would come out.


No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...