Thursday, January 16, 2003

Forbidden Fruit

You are, of course, familiar with Matt Groening’s “Life is Hell” Comic in Now Magazine. Remember how good it used to be before The Simpsons? My favourite was Bohemian Coffee Hut with Akbar and Jeff. Anyhow, the one thing that always remained great was the Forbidden Words comic he publishes at New Year’s every year.

This year, they sucked. They were all about the War in Iraq.

Phooey with him. Let’s make our own list of forbidden words. Not naughty words, but terribly overused words, such as:
dot com
start up
sweet!
downturn
displaced
voted off the island
Paul Martin
9/11
ground zero
friendly fire
double cohort

Speaking of naughty words reminds me of the time Boomer and I came up with TTC stops that sound naughty. The list included:
Runnymede, Spadina, Pape, Coxwell and I can’t remember the rest right now.

Speaking of which, I saw a job on Charity Village for the Prostate Foundation. Apply to Sandra Cockswell. No, really!

The Icicle Fief. For all your puerile humour needs.




No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...