Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Poetry. It's Not Just For Breakfast Anymore!
So I wanted to go to a Poetry Competition last night, but it didn't work out. However, it left me with a burning desire to start writing again.

So I pulled up my old Glencoe poem (officially known as concessions)which was my thesis for my Creative Writing. Yes, I wrote a poem for my thesis. Think it's easy? YOU try it! And it can't involve a girl from Nantucket.

Anyhow, I like my Glencoe poem. But it needs something. So I decided that half the book should be Glencoe, then you flip it over and the OTHER half of the book is about Toronto. Holy juxtaposition, Batman! But the Toronto half needed a name. I told Fresh this. And Fresh came up with the name: Intersection.

So my poetry book is called concessions : intersection. That may bore you, but poetry types should think it's pretty bloody cool.

So, this year I will:
1. Write my poetry book (doesn't have to be finished, just major work.)
2. Hold at least one poetry reading with Crabby at Sarah's, our local Danforth waterhole.
3. Put in an audition tape to be Superstar Chef
4. Open a restaurant for one day (Fresh and I will probably wait until better weather so that we can use the BBQ for extra cooking/warming space. Date to be announced soon!)
5. Put my spices in jars and label them.

I guess those are my resolutions. I wrote the first poem for >intersection today, it's up on Two Drink Minimum (the poetry testing site I share with Crabby), as is the whole of concessions as it stands.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...