Monday, January 31, 2005

But why is the rum gone?
So many things running around in my head today. Wrote more poetry for intersection which will be up on Two Drink Minimum later today. Always happy to hear what you think, so feel free to comment. Remember, people and events depicted in the poem are fictional. Mostly.

I’m so happy to be writing again, I wrote a poem about it:

it’s good to write again
like shedding
your boots for sneakers
in the spring :
vulnerable
and free

I’m planning my Superstar Chef audition. You need to have a “philosophy”. Well, my first one is that I like to try to copy dishes that I’ve liked in restaurants. Some of my best recipes are recreations. And my second, more elegant philosophy is best expressed by Elizabeth Swann:

“Hang the code, and hang the rules. They're more like guidelines anyway.”

Do you think a pirate cooking show would go over well? I still have all the swag left over from Ice Prince’s birthday.

We took Ice Prince “’bogganning” this weekend and it was grand. We went to the Riverdale Park ravine at the DVP. The hill was so big, we had to start from halfway down.

I’m wearing my Lily necklace today and already got a compliment on it at the water cooler. “I wish I had nice, interesting clothes like you do, “ said my colleague.

Don’t forget: If you want to donate kisses to Ice Prince for his 100 Things project, e-mail me at screamforicequeenATgmailDOTcom. Wanda, we simply MUST have at LEAST one from you and you know my address so pucker up, honey!

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...