Thursday, February 10, 2005

Leaving On The VIA Train…
Tomorrow, I’m going to Glencoe. I haven’t taken the train up in 4 years. Wow. Here’s what the train station used to look like when I was a teenager growing up there, before it fell apart, got moved and got refurbished. I can’t remember what’s there now instead – I think it’s just like a bus shelter thing.

Sidenote: When I was growing up, I wanted to be the announcer who said: “Welcome to VIA! VIA Bonjour! All aboard! Please. En voiture! S’il vous plait.”

I lived in Glencoe from 1981-1987. I wrote an epic poem about it. You can read it if you want to.
I’ll be taking a camera, of course. And the little Ice Prince, who hasn’t ridden on a train since he was 4 months old. A jumbo French fries will hold him until about Milton, after that all chaos will break loose as he performs “Stars on 45” for the Toronto-Windsor corridor. I’m thinking of bringing along the CD walkman and letting him rock out in silence. Well, except for the obligatory air guitaring.

He wants to “meet the ‘ductor” and “drive the train”. So if you read about any derailments, guess who’ll be getting a time out and no dessert?

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...