Friday, August 13, 2004

A Special Friday Before Vacation Treat!

Ice Queen discusses politics. Which I never do.

1. That radio station in Quebec that being shut down by the CRTC? Tough shit. You were warned. Freedom of speech, my ass. That’s spreading hate. I though Quebeckers were all progressive-like, but they sound like they have more in common with Ralph Kein.
2. Governor of NJ resigns because he’s gay. Wha-? Gay men can’t hold office? Men who cheated on their wives can’t hold office? Pul-lease!
3. San Fran revokes all gay marriage licenses. What a bunch of neanderthal douchebags!

Grrrr….this is why I never discuss these things. It makes me mad.

Okay, I’ll tell a little story about one time I went up to the “resort” (read: trailer park) where I am going this week. My family has been going there since I was 8 years old, but I haven’t been there since 1992. Anyhow,

One day when I was about 14, I went up to the store to buy some candy or gum. The people who ran the park at that time were very much like the gang on Trailer Park Boys. No, really. That’s probably why I like the show so much. Anyhow,

I came back from the store and reported to my mom:
“Orville (the owner’s son) just got his package from Columbia!”
My mother was silent.
“Mum?”
“Errr…how do you know that?”
“It was delivered while I was up there.”
Silence.
“Columbia Records, Mom, not a package full of cocaine from Columbia!”

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...