Nobody Told Me There’d Be Days Like These
Sick yesterday. Achy, breaky, shaky. You know. Spent yesterday at home. Read Tempting Faith DiNapoli, which was not bad. Tried to sleep, but lots of construction equipment outside our house.
Felt better in the evening. Decided to turn in early. Went down to the basement to get some toiletries and the basement was flodded. About half an inch of water. It was dry by the walls and in the bathroom, so the culprit seems to be the floor drain. Spent an hour pulling up carpet tiles and sweeping water into the floor drain. Had a bath to get rid of smell. At least, I hope it got rid of the smell….. Hey! Where are you going?
So now we need:
• New dryer and washer (see last week)
• Plumber to fix whatever went awry (we have a nice plumber, luckily)
• New floor covering
• Probably new couch (needed one anyway, but now it’s half wet too, besides being generally skanky.)
• A lot of elbow grease to pull up carpet tiles which are very well glued.
• Manicure after finish pulling up carpet tiles.
• Money. Sigh.