Friday, October 08, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!
Some food and drink quotes for your enjoyment. I’m taking Boomer and going to scout out pubs for our department Christmas party. On a sunny long weekend Friday. Sometimes, this job really is sweet.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian,; wine and tarragon make it French. Sour cream makes it Russian; lemon and cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce makes it Chinese; garlic makes it good." ~ Alice May Brock

"The most amazing thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found" ~ Calvin Trillin.

"He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. Amen" ~ German Monk

"Remember, beer has food value but food has no beer value." - Benjamin Franklin

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people." -- Orson Welles

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." --Orson Welles

"Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage." -- Woody Allen

"Hey Man, I'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays." --Donald Sutherland as Oddball, in "Kelly's Heros"

(I'd been planning to ask you all what you're thankful for, but let's face it: I'm just not that deep. Ooooo...look! Something shiny!)


No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...