Monday, January 02, 2006

Birthdays, Bodhrans, but not Bono
So for my birthday, my parents got me a bodhran, This is exactly what mine looks like, from the back. I love the carving on the edge.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I have to learn to play it – it seems easy, but it is kind of tricky. Especially for someone with no hand-eye coordination like me.

Fresh gave me some gift cards and tickets to see the guy in the photo below at Massey Hall. No, not Bono, Ron Sexsmith! If you aren’t familiar with his work, I recommend Gold in them Hills.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Okay, and so there was my birthday. My guests could better describe it, I’m sure, but it was a small elegant dinner party. Maria wore a gown, which you can see on her site. We also had Eva and Boomer and Martin (who we never did remember to nickname) and Fresh, of course. Ice Prince refused to come meet everyone. Dinner rocked and the wine rocked (especially the Pinot, rwwooowwr!). I got some very cool presents (in fact part of Eva’s will probably make up my new 2006 banner). There was music. And the birthday tree – which read “Happy Bi” because the banner was partially broken.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(Photo by Fresh.)


Thanks to all my guests for a great time!

We missed those who couldn’t make it, so hopefully we can do a BBQ in the spring.

How was YOUR holiday?

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...