Monday, June 13, 2005

Best Character Reference for a Job EVER!

Bibliomancy The art of seeking spiritual insight by selecting a random passage from a Bible that applies to the situation at hand.

I happen to have a new testament lying around in my dressing room (i.e. spare room full of clothes I haven’t the energy or inclination to hang up or fold and books I don’t have shelves for). Before my job interview last week, I closed my eyes, opened it at random and pointed and the passage said “Go boldly in”. That’s the first time this Bibliomancy has ever been anywhere near helpful.

Yesterday, I tried it again, concentrating on whether I’ll get this Director job. The passage said “He saith Yes.” I was totally creeped out. I mean, out of all the words in the Bible, what are the chances of me randomly picking that with my eyes closed?

But, hey, when the Big Guy’s on your side, you can’t go wrong.

Or can you?

P.S. Don’t think I’m a religious freak. I’m just a plain old garden-variety freak.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...