Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Royal Birthday Season Is Upon Us
Sideways is a movie best enjoyed with a wine snob you love. It is a great movie -- funny, heartwarming, heartbreaking and most of all very real. Well, except for the part where...anyway. Go see it and enjoy it. Here's one of my favourite quotes:

Jack: If they want to drink merlot, we're drinking merlot.
Miles: No, if anyone orders merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any merlot!

Today the wee Ice Prince turns four. Unbelievable. I will be wearing my pleather pants and entertaining the neighbours and their offspring with such classics as Head and Shoulders Knees and Toes. Actually, THAT'S the unbelievable part. But true. IP is ready to dance and play his guitar. I've got pirate loot for everyone, a great big dress up trunk, pizzas and a cake that, if all goes well in the next cople of hours, will be in the shape of a pirate ship. Really! I'll show you later.

For now, have to run.

Those participating in La Fete de la Reine can meet at Cafe Volo (NE corner of Yonge and Dundonald, just north of Wellesley.) at noon tomorrow, the 31st. I'll be wearing my pink mink. And a smile.

Oh, and remind me to tell you the story about the guy who tried to pick me up after the movie while Fresh was procuring us a latte. Great fun. The girl still has it!

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...