Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Shhh…..

Guess what I got Fresh for Christmas? Guitar lessons! He’s wanted some forever, but it’s the sort of thing you rarely splurge on yourself. He can then teach Ice Prince, who has asked Santa for a guitar. I liked the teacher’s course outline. Here are some of the songs they play:
Champagne Super Nova (Oasis)
Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis)
Wonderwall (Oasis)
Lay Down Sally (Eric Clapton)
Dumb (Nirvana)
Jesus Don't Want Me (Nirvana)
No Rain (Blind Melon)
Harvest (Neil Young)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan)
If I Had A Million Dollars (Barenaked Ladies)
Elderly Woman (Pearl Jam)
Runaway Train (Soul Asylum)
Mr. Jones (Counting Crows)
Wheat Kings (Tragically Hip)
Let it Be (Beatles)
Eight Days A Week (Beatles)
Edmund Fitzgerald (Gordon Lightfoot)
Tonite, Tonite (Smashing Pumpkins)
Give Me One Reason (Tracy Chapman)
Wonderin' Where The Lions Are (Bruce Cockburn)

Funky Fresh! Coming to a café near you!

In other news, we’ve been in our house for three Christmases. I opened up all the cards last night that we got in the mail, but I didn’t recognize the names in one. I looked at the envelope, and it was addressed to the former owners. Now, how friendly are you with someone if you don’t know that they moved THREE YEARS AGO? But what worried me was that it read: “Love, Abi and Greg. Cain and Theo. See you on the 27th!” Guess I better throw on another couple of chops, eh?

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...