Tuesday, September 28, 2004

More From the Grab Bag
Didn’t get to run this morning because my alarm woke Ice Prince up. I had to crawl in with him. He never quite goes back to sleep, so he talked to me for an hour in the dark. Suddenly, he said “Mommy, you deserve a new dress!” Nice, I thought.

When Fresh woke up, IP bolted into the bathroom:
“Daddy! Daddy! We have to buy Mommy a new dress!”
“Sure kid, are you going to pay for it?”
“It’s okay. Mommy has money.”

Watched the Muppet Show last night while I ironed.

Hootchie Mama has a daughter. Didn’t manage to see the daughter’s shoes. But I decided that if I wore some very cool shoes, maybe she’d comment on them and we’d start talking. Hmmm…….

In the comments section, I spoke of a bossy parent at the school. Know who she looked like? Remember in Priscilla Queen of the Desert when Bernice tells the mean woman in the bar to light he tampon because that’s the only bang she’ll ever get? That’s what this parent looked like. The mean woman. Not Bernice.

I want to be Bernice when I grow up. I think she’s beautiful and strong and smart.

When I Was an Icicle…
Ice Prince goes to the school library on Mondays. I remember when I was in Grade 1, we got to go to the library and take out a book. I only took one book out, I kept renewing it over and over again. The book was Little Witch’s Black Magic Cookbook. Funny how I still have a passion for cooking, eh?

I wonder what IP will bring home.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...