Sunday, September 05, 2004

E-mail to all Employees: Smiling is okay. Encouraged, even.
Had some banking to do yesterday. It was imperative that it be done. Fresh had to work again (could he possibly be having an affair? Yes, with the LCBO*. He had to stop off to check out the new Vintages release. Which may only be consumed when company is over. Anyone want to come over? But I digress....)

Ice Prince was in a lovely mood, until we got into the Bank (my own employer corp). He was frothing and screaming and yelling and pushing. It was very embarassing. But I had to do my banking. I tell the teller what I need to do. Ice Prince is on the floor and appears to be possessed. He is about to bump into a patron. I pick him up, and he squirms and yells "You're hurting me! Ouch! Ouch!" (Drama Queen).

The teller hands me my receipt. "Anything else today?"
Me: "And a vasectomy to go, please."

He didn't even crack a smile.

* Liquor Control Board of Ontario. Don't get your knickers in a knot over the "control" part. When I was a kid, you had to fill out a form and take it to a counter behind which all the booze was kept and the shop keep would fetch it for you. These days, the LCBO runs a classy operation, with beautiful store, lovely giftware, a specialty food magazine and....
**Vintages: a monthly release of specially chosen wines. A catalogue is put out monthly with wine reviews and descriptions. Fresh is Fresh-obsessed with it.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...