Monday, June 21, 2004

Wit and Wisdom of the Ice Prince
Ice Prince was dragging out chairs and plates yesterday.
“I’m having a ‘because’ party.”
“What’s a because party?”
“Because I want to have one.”

Ice Queen: The Opera
I have decided that there is no need to train myself silly for the Pride Run. There’s no way in hell I’ll finish. I might make it to Queen’s Park. Maybe. I have planned instead to win “Best Dressed.”
Ice Prince and I went through his costume box yesterday. He has chosen for himself a hot pink, neon green and yellow spandex body suit with gold sequin trim and a green crown. Fresh has changed his mind about taking him to Golden Griddle while I run. I could put him (IP) in the big ass stroller and just “trot”. He looks so good! Maybe we could just walk together. Actually, he can really boogie sometime. It could be fun….

As for my costume, I’m having problems. But here’s where I’m going at lunch today:

“Dress like a Diva! Canadian Opera Company Costumes on sale
The COC will be holding a Costume Sale on Monday, June 21, 2004 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. A variety of shoes, dresses, jackets, shirts, pants, skirts, and hats in various sizes and styles will be up for grabs. Come and be transformed into your favourite Diva/Divo fantasy, be it a French Princess, Moravian peasant, fantastical animal or another character. Prices start at $1 and all sales are cash only—bring your own bag.

The sale will take place at the Joey and Toby Tanenbaum Opera Centre at 227 Front St. E. Proceeds will go to the COC.”

Wish me luck!

Horrifying and Yet You Can’t Look Away
Got the fancy new laptop. Saw the DVD. Ice Prince laughed and laughed. “Mommy’s singing and dancing! Show me again!” Laugh, little man, laugh. And remember the humiliation your mother can create in front of your friends should you ever decide to misbehave as a teenager.

The first 20 seconds are pretty damn fine. Then the back up dancers come in and confuse me.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...