Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nine Lives
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
After leaving dim sum, JustMark and Sister StaceyP were walking behind us talking about diet plans, while Mikevil and I were discussing what we would do if we had nine lives. (The discussion began when a guy sped through an intersection in front of us and I said: “Wouldn’t it be cool if you had nine lives and didn’t step out of the way just to teach him a lesson?”)

I’ve been thinking about Nine Lives. If we have Nine Lives, are you on your first (still green behind the ears) or your last (world-weary with recurring bouts of déjà vu)?

What would you do with Nine Lives? Here are my ideas:

1. A waitress in a small Midwestern US town. In Iowa, maybe.
2. A farm wife, feeding the animals and baking pies. I won a blue ribbon at the State Fair three years running!
3. Me
4. A stockbroker with a drug habit in New York.
5. An otter
6. A doctor in Alaska. (No wait…that’s Northern Exposure…well, I still want to do it.)
7. An astronomer who discovers something really cool.
8. A biologist in Australia studying the oldest single cell organisms on earth.
9. A monk in Tibet.

Which life would you prefer to meet me in and what would YOU be at the time?

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...