THE FUN WITH DANES® JUST NEVER ENDS!
“Danes are generally a reserved people, though they are often considered positively outgoing compared to their more distant northern cousins in Norway and Sweden. Danes are fun loving, as a trip through any town on a Friday night can attest, but hard working when there's something to be done. They are noted for their very 'civilized' nature. They are generally compassionate, articulate, and clean. Consequently, there is also a sense of arrogance and smugness sometimes associated with the Danes.” - Wikipedia
The Jante Law, which derives from a novel by a Danish author, is often said to perfectly express the Danish mindset. Others believe it unfairly represents them. Anyhow, here are the ten laws:
1. You shall not think that you are special.
2. You shall not think that you are of the same standing as us.
3. You shall not think that you are smarter than us.
4. Don't fancy yourself as being better than us.
5. You shall not think that you know more than us.
6. You shall not think that you are more important than us.
7. You shall not think that you are good at anything.
8. You shall not laugh at us.
9. You shall not think that anyone cares about you.
10. You shall not think that you can teach us anything
Oh my! I think I may have to reconsider my lunch date with Mikevil next week...