Thursday, August 04, 2005

IT'S DANISH DAY!

Am I Dane Or Am I Plain?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
No. Clair Danes is cute and was great as Beth in Little Women, but she’s no Dane.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
No. Danish pastries are not actually Danish. They originated in Austria.
Vienna to be precise.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yes! Victor Borge was born in Denmark. Did you ever see his punctuation sketch? Hilarious! I saw him at Ontario Place in the 70s when I was wee.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hans Christen Anderson was, but Danny Kaye wasn’t. Danny Kaye’s best movie ever was Court Jester. “The vessel with the pestle has the pellet that is poison but the flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true.”

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yes! Hamlet was Danish. I fell in love with Brent Carver (not Kenneth, pictured here) when I saw him as Hamlet when I was in high school. He is now going to be Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings musical and a confirmed friend of Dorothy. So is Rex Harrington. Sigh.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Uter is German, not Danish. Close, but no Flødetabletter.
Oh, relax kids. I’ve got a gut feeling Uter’s around here somewhere. After all, isn’t there a little Uter in all of us? In fact, you might even say we just ate Uter, and he’s in our stomachs right now! Wait, scratch that one.
-Principal Skinner, “Treehouse of Horror V”


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kierkegaard was indeed.
"Boredom is the root of all evil - the despairing refusal to be oneself."
Soren Kierkegaard

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Ha ha! Great Danes originated in Germany!

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...