For Stacey (the one who likes to cook, not the one who likes to bellydance)
Pumpkin Scones Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
7 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3 tablespoons half-and-half
1 large egg
6 tablespoons cold butter
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
2 tablespoons whole milk
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons half and half cream
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ginger in a large bowl.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, half-and-half, and egg.
4. Cut butter into cubes then add it to the dry ingredients. Mix with your hand, rubbing the butter in until it is the texture of cornmeal or coarse sand.
5. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then form the dough into a ball. Pat out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form it into a 1-inch thick disk. Vut it into eight triangles, like a pizza, and seperate them a bit so they can spread.
6. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes on a baking sheet that has been lightly oiled or lined with parchment paper. Scones should begin to turn light brown. Watch them, they burn quickly near the end!
7. While scones cool, prepare plain glaze by combining ingredients in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Mix until smooth.
8. When scones are cool, use a brush to paint a coating of the glaze over the top of each scone.
9. As that white glaze firms up, prepare spiced icing by combining ingredients in another medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Drizzle this thicker icing over each scone and allow the icing to dry before serving (at least 1 hour). A squirt bottle works great for this, or you can drizzle with a whisk.
Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...
Photo Essay: Things That Make Me Smile FROGGY LOST TOOTH MR. GRUMPY THE SIAMESE FIGHTING FISH YES MASTER FROGWARTS CASTLE
This is so cool and I can't do it! Expedia.ca is having a contest where you write in 150 words or less why you need a vacation. ...
In Roman Holiday , there is a Vespa and no Cats are Harmed So I changed the blog template to a gas flame from a stove. I thought maybe I ...