Sunday, March 27, 2005

Just your typical Easter Weekend
So, Rich was here last night. We ate steak, drank wine and had a lovely time. Even though we only see him once a year, it's like no time has passed. (Hi Rich! Hi Craig!)

I woke up at 4 am. There was that critical moment when you think: "Did I wake up because I'm hungover and feel like hell?" but no. I lay there. Maybe I should tunr on the dishwasher. Hmmm. Maybe. Can't get back to sleep. Ah, Sunday morning. Easter Sunday. Easter! Damn!

So at 4 am, I was out in the backyard hiding plastic eggs. ("We can't let the Easter Bunny in the house, Mommy. He'll bounce and break the ceiling and bounce and break the table and bounce and break the windows...." and so on.)Some of the eggs had toys in them, and some had chocolate. Sometime between 4 and 7 am, the squirrels figured out how to sniff out the chocolate ones, open them and eat the contents. Ice Prince was happy "This was so NICE of the Easter Bunny!" and seemed to buy the excuse that the Bunny had dropped some of the eggs and that's why they were already open.

PTA (Parental Arrival Time), T minus 24 hours or so. I think all I have left to do is vacuum the basement carpet.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...