Friday, November 28, 2003

Want a Hawaiian Punch?
Sugarmama was talking about disgusting jello desserts on her blog today which reminded me of one of my favourite ad tag lines ever:

“Hey you kids, get out of that jello tree!”

That always cracks me up. Other ad sayings that have the same effect include:
“Snausages!”
“Give me bacon! Where’s the bacon? Oh my god, I can’t read!” Commercial where dog is watching groceries being unloaded.

It’s Buy Nothing Day. Ah, who am I kidding…
Some google searchers have been finding this site by asking “What does the Queen get for Christmas?” An excellent question.
The only thing I always get for Christmas is Smarties (from my parents) and a Kinder Egg (from Fresh).

What does the Queen want for Christmas? That’s an even better question! Dust off your knee, Santa, and get ready to take notes:

A Vespa
A Kitchen Aid standing mixer
Anything from Kitchen Stuff or other houseware stores
Spa gift certificate(s)
Vases
Candles (unscented) and candle holders
Hot Rollers. Maybe the kind that mist.
IKEA (the whole store, except things made with chipboard)
Tablecloths, napkins, placemats
Nanny
Hair doodads (clips, barrettes, ponytail holders)
Anything that makes me laugh
Big cushions
Rice Steamer
Shed (wooden with a window with shutters and a window box)
Year’s supply of black and hint o’ black 10 denier nylons
Calendar. (no kittens or puppies, please)
And all the children of the world to join hands together in peace and harmony.







No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...