Friday, December 23, 2005

The Queen’s Christmas Message
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usChristmas is an emotional time, good and bad. As I look back on Christmases past, they are bittersweet. Here are a few memories:

The Christmas Nana died the week before.
The same Christmas Nana died and Fresh and I nearly got into a car accident on black ice and missed hitting a truck by about two inches after doing a 360. Coincidence? I think not.
The Christmas Fresh called to wish his Dad Merry Christmas and found out he was in the hospital (he never got out).
The Christmas I had no money and put an heirloom silver dollar from my Grandfather in the collection plate.
The Christmas I had no money and decorated my tree with jewellery (it was 1989, jewellery was big and plastic).
The Christmas when I was a teenager and our furnace broke down and we huddled around the wood stove under my Nana’s fake fur coat drinking Bailey’s.
The many Christmases my family hung out in the kitchen singing Christmas carols.
The Christmas I started university in a co-ed residence and my grandparents bought me fuzzy pink sleepers with feet. (How they found them in a ladies size 14 I have no clue.)
The Christmas I discovered a Zellers price tag on the Barbie camper “Santa” had brought me.
The Christmas Mom told me that it was illegal for children 5 and under to eat mixed nuts. (I think she had visions of 4 year old me sucking back all the cashews.)
The Christmas I introduced Frank to my grandparents and he took a large tart that turned out to be mincemeat, which he hates, and graciously had to eat it to make a good impression.
The Christmas I got the Styx album that had the song “Babe” on it. (It was VERY important at the time.)
The Christmas my mom decorated gingerbread people to look like all the guests at dinner.
The Christmas Eve we brought home six million dollar cat, who was only 5 weeks old and could fit in the palm of my hand.
The Christmas I broke it to my parents that Fresh and I were moving in together (“Thank God!,,” said my mom, “After that build up, I thought you were going to say you were pregnant!”)

The Christmas I got fired for blogging? Not yet…so I’d better sign off. I’ll be blogging over the holidays, so check back often!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Joyeux Noël, Festive Winter Solstice, 8 Crazy Nights, etc.

Maps to La Fête de la Reine will be going out, maybe today, but certainly not later than December 27th, so check your e-mail! And it’s never too late to RSVP to screamforicequeenATgmailDOTcom.

This is Ice Queen signing off and heading off to stock up on nylons.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...