Wednesday, October 15, 2003

The Queen's Fall Decrees

So, it’s chilly today and you all want to know: “Ice Queen, what’s in fashion for fall?” Dahlinks, I’m so glad you asked.

Out:Tea
Cucumbers
Potpourri
Track Pants. What’s up with that? Saying “Juicy” on the butt does not improve them one bit. They’re still TRACK PANTS!
Socks. No, really. Because I said so, that’s why. Trouser socks are on the exception list.
Turkey
Guilt
Placemats
West Wing “We found Zoe!” Uh, that was a bit anti-climactic.
Being cold to look good

In:
Boots with heels
Plaid
Black
Tights, Fishnets and other leg apparel
Maple Eclairs
Coffee
Poetry
Homemade Christmas Gifts
Candles - Unscented
Fabric Napkins and Tablecloth
Six Feet Under
Hat, Scarves, Gloves

So Good They’re Bad -- Habits I’m Trying to Kick This Fall:Wine During the Week (except on Girl’s Nights)
Taxis. (oh, but I loooove taxis)
Lattes (sure they come in non-fat, That’ll be $9.85, please)
Shopping at lunchtime
Lipsticks (Do I really need another red lipstick? Of course I do!)
Shoes (Do I really need another pair of black shoes? Of course I do!)


No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...