Thursday, January 11, 2007

They were the best of times, they were the worst of times
The Office is on tonight. Seriously, this is my favourite show. Sister Stacey should especially watch it as the boss reminds me of a certain someone we used to work for who, on my first day there, sent me to a warehouse on King East to pick up a package of worms for the office composter.

This is the same boss who, when my manager happily announced she was pregnant, said “At least you can get an abortion in Canada.”

He also called me on boxing day to ask why I wasn’t at work.

He also cut all of our pay in half one year, right before Christmas to keep the business afloat. It did work. We were restored to normal by February.

There must be more stories about that office. I remember the brown mouse lived under the brown file cabinet and the grey mouse lived under the grey one.

And I remember the fantastic pranks we used to pull. And the silly things we did, like Glamour Day. And the whip. And the three hour beer lunches (hey, when you’re getting paid half, motivation pretty much goes out the window.)

It really was a fantastic job, because I was allowed to do things that by all means I was totally unqualified to do – Like be the Production Manager. Seriously: receptionist to Production Manager in two years. Not bad!

Okay, my original point was: watch The Office and love it. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...