Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Oh! Hi! I didn’t see you there.

Can't believe it's back to work already. I don’t really feel like I’ve had a holiday. I've had a nasty cold. The most holiday-like time was my birthday (Dec 31) when I got dolled up and Fresh and I went out for a fantastic dinner. Sigh. It was so nice. And I looked so good!

Ice Prince’s birthday, on the other hand… Well, if you’re ever considering having children, I will lend you a copy of the video. Wow. We were, however, smart enough to not serve the cake until 15 minutes before they were due to be picked up. IP had an amazing time and got lots of presents and was very happy, so mission accomplished.

My New Year’s resolution is To Drink More Water. Which I think is quite reasonable.

Fresh gave me a gift card to Kitchen Stuff. I spent lunch hour pondering how best to use my newfound buying power. I think I will be purchasing:
A beautiful heavy sauté pan. Purrrrrrrrr…..
A set of six colourful mixing bowls
Measuring cups and spoons
A pepper grinder (the cat knocked the other off the table and broke it)
A Ginsu carving knife and fork.

And I couldn’t find it at Kitchen Stuff, but I will be getting a remote-read digital meat thermometer. Because I’m worth it.

Fresh also got me this book. Ice Prince told his Nana “Daddy got Mommy a book about laundry for her birthday!”

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...