Friday, September 09, 2005

Interviews: What Happened

Interview #1
Thinking I’m not entirely qualified for this, but interviewer (executive search firm guy) is charming. We laugh. I talk. I ask excellent questions. He promises to recommend me to his client.

The job sounds very challenging, but in a good way. I want it.

Interview #2
I am perfectly qualified for this job. After telling me what a difficult and political work environment it is and what a huge mound of work there is, the interviewer asks me TWO PAGES worth of behavioural interview questions, which I patiently answer. My answers only reinforce the fact that I am indeed perfect for this job.

She then begins to act distracted. Tells me that there are two more levels of interviews (giving no indication that I may make it to these). She then tells me that it’s more casual here than the Bank. I (the small talk queen - NOT!) say “Oh, I just came back from another bank location and they were wearing shorts and flip flops. Flip flops at work! Can you imagine?! Ugh!” I look down and she is wearing flip flips. This is the point where the elevator doors open for me to leave.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...