Wednesday, March 22, 2006

No, Not Facile, Facilitate!
Just back from two days at the Behemoth’s training centre in Markham/Upper Scarberia where I took the course : Facilitating for Learning. We would do presentations and they’d film us and critique us. Doesn’t that sound like fun? I’ll do something embarrassing in front of you and then you can comment. Lovely.

Actually, it was okay. I seem to be better than I thought. The instructor said I was a natural facilitator with a gift for course design. A new career? Maybe. Just maybe. I’d love the opportunity to get up in front of groups and yak and make them do games for a living. I’ll be doing a lot more of that in the coming months here, so we’ll see how I like it.

The training centre has an overnight facility (hotel rooms) so I stayed over on Monday night. It was my first night away alone since Ice Prince was born more than five years ago. I had grand plans for my freedom, but ended up working on revising my presentation, jumping on the bed while singing into my hairbrush and watching The Daily Show.

I saw Jen in her natural habitat (she works up there). I hope I didn’t seem rude, but the whole presentation thing was stressing me out. I can be a real Ice Queen when I have something on my mind. Say, you know, that would be a great blogger name. Must make a note of that.

More later. My brain is fried and I need a vacation but I have so much to do and no place to go. Can’t even stay home and sleep because the clowns will eat me. No…actually I can’t go home and sleep because Ice Prince will make me play. “Okay, Mommy, you’re the evil Emperor Zurg and I’m Buzz Lightyear and Mike here is hanging off the eye and his best friend Gabriel saves him and I zap you with my laser, but it’s just a lightbulb and you’re surprised and then you get on the train and we have cookies. Okay?”

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...