Thursday, March 16, 2006

In Which Ice Queen Answers Readers’ Questions

Jamie: “Whence the moniker “Ice Queen?”
The story of the Ice Queen isn’t all that exciting. If you’d ever met me, you wouldn’t have to ask. Let’s just say that I do not suffer fools gladly. I also don’t suffer strangers gladly. Sometimes I don’t even suffer friends and relatives gladly. Fresh nicknamed me Ice Queen when we first met and it stuck. Plus I look good in a crown, fool.

Crabby: "Why do we have to translate things into French?"
It’s the Canadian way. Or, as Samantha Bee says in Jon Stewart’s book America: “One other neat thing about Canada: All government business is conducted in both French and English, because a small minority of Canadians, called "Quebecois", never wanted to learn English , and we thought it was rude to ask them to. But the good news is, everyone in Canada has to learn French! Though, actually it's not really French, it's a regional patois that actual French people despise.”

I hope that answers your question.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...