Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Today in History
Fifteen years ago today I first met Fresh. I was standing with my boyfriend (Sort of, we’d broken up, but kept dating for something to do. It’s complicated.) at a dance when Fresh came up and asked me to dance. The song was “Sweet Dreams are Made of These”. I told Fresh I’d always thought the lyrics were “Is it gravy with you?” He had a car. I lived on campus. The rest is history.

What’s Playing in My Head
This is the cold that never ends
It just goes on and on and on
You think it’s over and then
It will go back and start again.

They Like Me! They Really Like Me!
Got a raise today. And a nice one too! Although most of it will be whisked away for health care and social programs, it’s nice to be appreciated. Fresh also got one last week. We should be netting another $20 a month! We’ll try not to spend it all on one bottle of wine.

”Learn” to Run
So my Learn to Run class began last night. Let me tell you, there’s mostly run and no learn. He basically said. “Here’s the route. Go! Oh, and time yourself.” About 50% had taken the class at least once before, about 40% looked like there were track stars in school, and 10% were like me.

I am proud to say I ran 1.6 km last night. With no previous training, inclination or innate ability. Mood: Smug



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...