Friday, April 04, 2003

Ice Prince sings 14 verses of “Squishing Up My Baby Bumblebee” in Doc’s Office

So I had to take Ice Prince to Dr. Hibbert yesterday. They wouldn’t let me make an appointment without speaking to the good doctor first. The receptionist sounded like she was having a panic attack when I said he had a fever. Dr. H said, “Yep, sounds like an ear infection. Bring him in.” When I got there, there were SARS notices everywhere and we were the only ones in the waiting room (normally it’s standing room only). Dr. H was wearing a mask and the receptionist opened the glass a crack to take I.P.’s OHIP card. I felt dirty and contagious! But we went home with a bottle of the precious pink stuff and I.P. is feeling much better. Fresh has taken the day off work to care for him. He’ll be very tired tonight (Fresh, not I.P.). He’s never looked after him for more than a couple of hours at a time. Buwahahahahahahahaha!

One of our oldest friends is coming to visit from New York, where he is a scientist at some university. He’s curing cancer. I’m glad someone is. He also belongs to a Gay Square Dance Group. (Don't I know all the most interesting people?) He was supposed to be coming to Toronto for a Scientist Convention, but they cancelled it due to SARS.

I woke up in the middle of the night to yell at the cat for scratching at the armoire (again), but then I realized that it was freezing rain pellets. Still.

Oh, and Starbucks no longer carries pumpkin scones. The horror!



No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...