Tuesday, April 22, 2003

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Ran most of 2.5 kms last night and feel mighty pleased with myself. I took a chance and moved from the slow group up to the medium group. I finished up in the middle of that pack, so good call. I finally found someone to laugh at my jokes….and promptly left her behind in my dust. Lonely are the fleet of foot.

I’ve decided that running is like riding a big scary roller coaster. While you’re doing it, you’re thinking “Oh God, please make it stop. Make it stop now!” And five minutes after you’re done, you think “Whoo-hoo! That was great, let’s do it again!”

Thanks….I think
Much thanks to Crabby for pointing out a big honkin’ article on Fresh’s boss in Toronto Life. Fresh talked about it all during supper last night. So thanks. And to think Bill sat on our deck drinking our wine.

Polkaroo!
Boomer has "almost" met Fresh several times, but always misses him by mere minutes. So, Boomer, what do you expect Fresh to be like? And those of you who know him, how would you describe him to poor Boomer who is beginning to think he doesn't exist?


No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...