Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Apocalypse is Imminent
I bought a pair of jeans yesterday.
I also bought a pant suit. (it was an Emma James! For $24.99! I was forced, dear reader!)

In Other News
On Saturday, we went to see Great Big Sea at the Molson Amphitheatre. Fantastic. However, I think a challenge was issued to Joey when Alan Doyle said “I do believe this is the largest group ever to dance to accordion music.”

Consider the gauntlet thrown.

I Am A Working Mom
Hey,
I'm don’t wear Mom jeans or fanny pack
and I don't drive a mini van,
or go to Chucky Cheese
or cook with Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
I am NOT Dionne Warwick and I am NOT part of the psychic moms network
Unless you send a note home, I won’t know that tomorrow is Crazy Hat Day

I wear nylons, not track pants
I have hobbies
And some of them don’t include my son

I can’t make 24 nut-free treats with 8 hours notice
And no, I wouldn’t dream of buying them
Or making them from a mix
I’d be happy to order a sushi tray

I have my own life.
I could care less about my son’s bowel movements
And even less about YOUR son’s
I think it’s rude to drop your kids off at a birthday party
And come back for them at the end.
What’s with THAT?

I have no clue about
The politics of Little League Soccer
Or the secret password required for registration
Which was apparently handed out at the most recent playdate
Which I can’t attend
Because it’s Wednesday afternoons.

To pick my kid up at day camp
By 5:00 pm
Or pay $1 for each minute over is insane
And yet, I manage

My son is the one
Who knows what a ramekin is
And wants to play the accordion
He hasn’t seen Spiderman
Or Superman
Or the Power Rangers
But he thinks the Queer Eye theme music is good to dance to

I am the Ice Queen
And I am a working mom!

Thank you.

No comments:

Douglas Adams was right about giant currency . Marie Curie " I have no dress except the one I wear every day. If you are going to...