Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In the immortal words of Mick Jagger: "I know It's only Cooking School but I like it!"

So I have spent two days at my new job and so far I love it and think it will be awesome.

For those who are still catching up, I sold the cafe and I am now running a cooking school at a big grocery store.

I'm off work today because I have to go in Saturday to observe three birthday parties and to meet some of my staff.  But I will be busy today because I have to choose and book more than 50 classes. About 35 of them are kid's classes which I will probably teach myself, but the adult classes are run by other chefs. These chefs submit their class ideas and this Friday all of the Toronto cooking schools meet to pick chefs and times for the next six months. It's like the NHL draft and I hear it can get competitive, so I have to make sure I have choices and back ups prioritized.

Best part of new job: learning new recipes and techniques, flex time (sort of), variety, my own office with floor to ceiling windows (not in a traditional sense but I like it)

Worst part of new job: pants. Seriously, I had to go buy a pair. Dress code.

VIDEO BONUS: This kid is my inspiration: the wind beneath my wings!

No comments: